There’s lots of interesting looking jazz and jazz-related music on in March. Here are some things which caught my eye:
- Plunge Trio. Thursday 3rd, 8pm. Glasgow Art Club, Bath Street.
- Jack Bruce. Saturday 5th, 7.30pm. The Arches
- Led Bib. Saturday 5th, 8pm. Captain’s Rest, Great Western Road.
- Iain Copeland’s X-Men featuring Nigel Hitchcock. Thursday 10th, 8pm. Glasgow Art Club, Bath Street.
- Kurt Elling and the Scottish National Jazz Orchestra. Saturday 12th, 7.30pm. RSAMD.
- Todd Gordon sings Tony Bennett. Saturday 12th, 7.30pm. Eastwood Park Theatre.
- “Bourne to Brew”: Sean Noonan with Matthew Bourne. Thursday 17th, 8pm. Glasgow Art Club, Bath Street.
- David Newton Quartet. Thursday 24th, 8pm. Glasgow Art Club, Bath Street.
- Mira Opalinska International Quartet. Thursday 31st, 7.30pm. Recital Room, City Halls.
- NeWt with Silke Eberhard. Thursday 31st, 8pm. Glasgow Art Club, Bath Street.
There’s also the usual assortment of pub gigs and several student performances linked to the RSAMD and Strathclyde jazz courses.
More details on many of these nearer the time.
And if you fancy a trip north later in the month, the Aberdeen Jazz Festival runs from Wednesday 9th to Sunday 13th, and includes performances by Denys Baptiste, Jeremy Pelt, Maceo Parker and Neil Cowley among others.